Phimosis – a serious problem 3% of all men on earth
Receiving treatment of phimosis circumcision urologist.
Phimosis – it is impossible to fully open the head of the penis due to a significant narrowing of the opening of the foreskin. In childhood the penis head is physiologically not exposed, thus protecting the penis from getting infections. Such a physiological condition in the majority of the boys (85-90%) terminated to 3 years of age. However, do not fix phimosis surgically taken before the age of five, if the baby has no problems with urination, and did not join secondary infection.
What are the symptoms of phimosis?
Before the deterioration of the patient may not show any complaints, except the impossibility of opening of the foreskin. If the advance is not to see a doctor, then sooner or later there will be signs indicating that phimosis complicated:
- Impaired urination (urine accumulates in the pouch of the foreskin and is a trickle or even drops – depending on the degree of narrowing);
- itching, and pain in the glans (first only at times of urination and then in the normal state);
- odor and discharge purulent character from orifice of the foreskin;
- an increase in the inguinal lymph nodes, and the temperature rise of up to febrile digits (above 38 C °);
- sharp blue head, expressed pain (all of which may be indicative of a dangerous complication – paraphimosis requiring immediate surgical intervention).
What reasons can lead to the formation of phimosis?
Phimosis As mentioned above, the causes of phimosis in children physiological. They are related to the fact that the head of the penis and the foreskin is located in an embryonic period, a total epithelial sheath, separated from each other too slowly. And the process of separation continues even after birth.
In adult patients decided to allocate other grounds for the development of phimosis:
- inflammation of the skin on the glans penis and the inside of the foreskin, and as a
- consequence – scar formation;
- severe traumatic injuries of the penis, also lead to the formation of scar tissue;
- connective tissue disease characterized by partial absence of elastic components therein.
How to cure phimosis at home and whether you want to go to the doctor?
Consult a specialist is necessary in any case. A doctor assessing the severity of the condition, will advise the best treatment, which in some cases can be performed at home.
Depending on the stage, and the presence or absence of complications phimosis can be treated as follows.
- Non-medicated. At the core of this approach is the physical impact on the narrowed foreskin. There are many different methods, but they all boil down to similar principles – a gradual postpone the foreskin until the occurrence of unpleasant sensations. It is best to conduct such procedures at the time of taking a bath when the skin is more elastic. Significant positive results can be achieved in 2-3 months of daily treatments. It is important not to overdo it because too much open head in patients with phimosis can lead to serious complications – paraphimosis.
- Medication. In this case, phimosis treated with ointments, most hormonal nature, which are applied to the damaged organ, and eventually improve the elasticity of the tissues. This can contribute to cure of the disease. It is advisable to combine medical and non-pharmacological methods of treatment.
- Radical. This is a surgical procedure aimed at the partial or total excision of the prepuce. This treatment is indicated in severe cases, or in the presence of intractable complications of phimosis.